Being a member of the local and global community, we fully recognize our responsibility to the environment and to the community. It is our commitment to be responsible citizens, acting in the best interest of the environment, the people and the communities in which we work.
It is therefore our company policy to:
- To comply with all relevant environmental laws and regulations.
- Seek to prevent pollution through effective control of emissions to air, water and land.
- Practice effective and responsible hazardous and general waste disposal.
- Minimized the amount of waste generated by reducing, reusing and recycling materials and resources wherever possible.
- Provide all the necessary information, training and supervision needed to ensure that this environment policy is adhered to amongst employees.
The Cat Rental Store will regularly review our environmental policy for applicable improvements, communicate it to all employees and persons working on its behalf and make it available to the public and all interested parties.
Effective October 1, 2008 an Environmental Recovery Charge (ERC) will be added to our customers invoices. This charge is intended to recover The Cat Rental Store's expenses associated with proper handling and disposal of hazardous wastes. On a regular and ongoing bases The Cat Rental Store is handling, storing and disposing of batteries, used oil, used oil and fuel filters, tires, antifreeze, wastewater, absorbent materials, parts cleaning fluids, oil and fuel spills, fuel storage, regulatory fees, fees paid to vendors, etc.
We thank you for your support in helping The Cat Rental Store in protecting the environment. Through these efforts The Cat Rental Store will advance the cause of environmental protection and play a role in preserving the natural enviroment.
November 1, 2008